When you decide to buy a pair of white trainers you are essentially committing yourself to a high maintenance pair of shoes. it is inevitable that your pristine trainers are going to get marked and discoloured so here are a few tips to help you to keep your white trainers as good as new.
- Leave them in the box and only wear them indoors – a bit restrictive I know but it does work.
- Treat your trainers with stain and water repellent as soon as you take them out of the box repeat every few weeks to keep them protected.
- Clean your trainers every night when you get in so that none of the scuffs and stains get chance to settle – use soap and water and make sure that you give the trainer plenty of space to dry in.
- Use a toothbrush and toothpaste to carefully rub gently on your trainers to remove dirt – avoid scrubbing because it may damage your shoe.
- Keep your trainers out of the sun and too much heat so that the white soles don’t go yellow.
Sometimes accepting that your trainers will only look white for a short time may be the best way to enjoy them. There are some people who deliberately dirty up white trainers so that they are not so bright. If it is too stressful owning white trainers buy grey ones instead.